Sunday, June 01, 2008

Friday, May 16, 2008

We were all awake by 6 a.m. Dan called Becky, Mom called Dad and I called Shannon because I knew Howard would be at work. I told her to tell him I would call tonight. Becky had gone out for coffee for the 2 of them (this hotel has nothing). So Becky went down to the corner coffee shop and I opened a Pepsi. We decided to take it easy and did our nails for the fun of it.

About 11 we walked a different 2 blocks to Macy's. Mom found a pair of sandals right away and we got something to eat. Then Becky & Mom went to 3rd floor for some power shopping. I even ended up helping them. We were looking for something for Mom for their anniversary and class reunion this summer. We had a good time but we were exhausted. Then Becky & I shopped for ourselves. I found a pair of jeans that I loved so I grabbed 2 pair right away. Becky didn't have as good of luck and decided to call it a day. We left around 3:30 and stopped at a McDonald's for ice cream. From the next corner Mom walked a block back to hotel and we went across the street to Nordstrom Rack. Becky had pretty good luck and we were back "home" by 5:30.

About 7:15 we picked up the car and drove down to the pier. We were going to go to Eliott's for seafood but instead we ate at Steamer's which is a little more casual. Mom & I had popcorn shrimp and fries. Becky had calamari. We sat on the outside deck to eat. We had done a little shopping for postcards and picked up something for the kids. We were reading magnets and especially liked the one that read "Mom's know everything - just ask them!" All 3 of us talked each other out of buying one for home.

It was a little chilly by the time we were done eating so we found the car, went up the hill to our street and parked back in the all night lot and went back to our room. I know I said there were no amenities here but we decided not to move anyplace else. The rate was good, it was clean, we found a decent, safe place to park the car for all day & night, AND EVERYTHING WE WANTED TO SEE WAS 2 BLOCKS DOWN THE HILL. Also, in spite of being right downtown it wasn't that noisy. We did have a fan in the room that we used every night for a little "white noise." It did seem to block out any traffic noise and, of course, the snoring problem we all seem to be afflicted with these days.

No comments: